Wine tax bond cost
The Idaho State Tax Commission requires that those involved in the manufacturing, sale or distribution of wine must post a surety bond. The required amount of the bond is determined by the volume of wine sold, distributed or manufactured.
Idaho beverage tax bonds are subject to underwriting, which means that the amount you’ll pay for your bond depends on your required bond amount and a review of your personal credit report. Ready to find out how much you’ll pay for your surety bond?
Why this bond
Wine tax surety bonds in Idaho are put in place to ensure that principals (wine professionals) pay all taxes required under Idaho Code section 23-1319. If the business fails to pay these taxes, the surety agrees to pay all taxes and any related penalties and interest that is due or becomes due.
The Idaho State Tax Commission can recover the tax and any related penalties and interest from the surety up to the full penal sum of the bond. The principal, in turn, must reimburse the surety for damages paid out.
Wine tax bond details
The surety reserves the right to cancel the bond and withdraw liability at any time by giving written notice to the Idaho State Tax Commission. The termination becomes effective 30 days after the Commission receives the notice.
Become a seller, manufacturer or distributor of wine
To obtain an Idaho beer and wine tax permit, applicants must:
- Mark the item that describes the type of business applying for a permit on the application form
- Mark all permits being applied for on the application form
- List their FEIN or social security number
- List the legal name of the business
- List the mailing address of the business
- List the physical location(s) of the business
- List the telephone number, email address and name of the contact person
- List the date they began or will begin selling beer or wine in Idaho or shipping beer or wine into Idaho
- List their Idaho State Police Alcohol Beverage Control Division license number
- And more
Apply for your surety bond
Get a FREE Wine Tax Bond Quote Today! Click here to begin