Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/customer/www/hasslefreesuretybonds.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/functions.php on line 5841
Call us at 888.610.4474 info@hasslefreesuretybonds.com

Out-of-state Contractor bond cost

The Connecticut Department of Revenue Services requires nonresident contractors to post surety bonds in varying amounts. The required bond amount is equivalent to 5% of the the applicant’s total project contract amount.

The best way to find out exactly how much you’ll pay for your contractor license bond is to submit a bond request. Our experts make the bonding process fast and easy and can typically provide your free, no-obligation bond quote within 1 business day of submitting your bond application.

Why this bond

By posting a nonresident contractor tax bond, principals (nonresident contractors) promise to pay all penalties, interest and taxes due to the Department of Revenue Services. The bond protects the state from financial loss if the principal fails to comply with the terms of the surety contract and other applicable laws.

Nonresident contractor tax bond details

Registered prime and general contractors (unverified contractors) must post Form AU-964. If you have been registered with the Department of Revenue Services for at least 3 years and have no outstanding tax liabilities, you may post Form AU-960 for verified contractor status.

Nonresident contractor bonds in Connecticut must be in an amount of at least $10,000 and have a 2-year term, beginning on January 1 and expiring on December 31 of the following year. If the nonresident contractor does not pay all penalties, interest and taxes, his or her bond will voided. Otherwise, it will remain in full effect.

Apply for your surety bond

Get a FREE Nonresident Contractor Tax Bond Quote Today! Click here to begin


Additional information