Licensed Outfitter bond cost
The required bond amount of a Colorado registered outfitter’s bond is typically set at $10,000, although applicants should always check with the obligee to ensure they are getting the right amount of coverage.
If the required bond amount is $10,000, Surety Bonds can issue it instantly for just $100—no credit check required! Bond amounts greater than $10,000 are subject to underwriting.
Why this bond
By posting a surety bond, wildlife and fishing guides in Colorado pledge to comply with all of the requirements of the laws of the State of Colorado respecting the registration of outfitters stated in Article 55.5, Title 2 of the Colorado Revised Statutes, 1985.
Licensed outfitter bond details
Colorado registered outfitter surety bonds can be continued from year to year by the issuance of a proper continuation certificate by the surety. The certificate must be delivered to the Colorado Office of Outfitters Registration.
The surety can terminate the bond by giving the outfitter and the Office of Outfitters Registration written notice of cancellation 30 days prior to the desired termination date. If the applicant is a part of a corporation, the surety bond must be issued to the business entity. If the applicant is a partnership, the surety bond must name all of the partners.
Become a registered outfitter
All new applicants who are issued a registration within 120 days of the upcoming renewal expiration date will be issued a registration with the subsequent expiration date. For example, registrations issued between December 1, 2012, and March 31, 2013, will reflect a license expiration date of March 31, 2014.
Registrations issued prior to December 1, 2012, will reflect an expiration date of March 31, 2013, and must renew in the upcoming renewal period. All Colorado outfitter registrations expire on March 31 each year and must be renewed to continue practicing. More registration information can be accessed from the Additional information section of this page.
Apply for your surety bond
Get a FREE Licensed Outfitter Bond Quote Today! Click here to begin
- Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies Office of Policy, Research and Regulatory Reform 2013 Sunset Review: Regulation of Outfitters
- Department of Regulatory Agencies Office of Outfitters Registration Rules of the Office of Outfitters 4 CCR 733-1
- U.S. Department of the Interior Bureau of Land Management Special Recreation Permit State Handbook and Forms DORA Colorado State Parks US Forest Service
- Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies Office of Outfitters Registration
- Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies Division of Professions and Occupations Professionals (Applications & Forms) Licensing Services Outfitters
- Colorado Outfitters Association FAQ’s