Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/customer/www/hasslefreesuretybonds.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/functions.php on line 5841
Call us at 888.610.4474 info@hasslefreesuretybonds.com

Traffic school bond cost

California’s Department of Motor Vehicles requires owners of traffic violator schools to post surety bonds to legally operate within the state. Owners who offer home study or internet instruction must post $15,000 bonds, while owners who do not offer home study or internet instruction must post $2,000 bonds.

The $2,000 bonds can be issued instantly for just $100 without a credit check, while the $15,000 bonds are subject to underwriting consideration and typically start at $150. The best way to find out exactly how much you’ll pay for your surety bond is to connect with our team of bond experts now!

Contact one of our surety specialists to receive a free, personalized bond quote within 1 business day of applying. Call 888.610.4474, or click here, to begin the bonding process.


Why this bond

By posting a California traffic violator school owner bond, the principal (school owner) pledges to conduct business ethically and lawfully. Specifically, the bond guarantees that the principal will comply with Vehicle Code sections 11202(a)(3) and 11203.5 to avoid causing monetary loss to any person receiving instruction from the school.

If a student of the school is harmed as a result of the principal’s actions, the bond protects the student from financial loss up to the full amount of the bond. The principal must reimburse the surety for all damages paid out.

Traffic violator school owner bond details

Traffic violator school owner bonds in California remain continuous until canceled and run concurrently with the license period for which the license is granted. The surety can cancel the bond in accordance with Article 13, Chapter 2, Title 14, Part 2 of the Code of Civil Procedure.

Become a traffic violator school

In addition to posting a surety bond, applicants in California must be licensed to legally pursue the acts of a traffic violator school operator. Before being approved by the California Department of Motor Vehicles, all parts of the application must be submitted and all fees must be paid. Some licensing requirements include:

  • Passing a required examination within 3 attempts
  • Being at least 21 years of age or older
  • Having successfully completed an educational program of not less than 4 hours
  • And more

Complete licensing information can be accessed via the Important Links section of this page.Take the first step toward becoming licensed by purchasing the California surety bond you need!

Apply for your surety bond

Get a FREE Traffic Violator School Owner Bond Quote Today! Click here to begin


Additional information