Travel agency bond cost
California’s Department of Justice requires sellers of travel to post surety bonds in varying amounts prior to conducting business. Applicants should verify their required bond amount with the state prior to bonding.These bonds are subject to underwriting consideration, so the price you’ll pay depends on several factors, including your required bond amount and a review of your personal credit report.
Most surety underwriting companies require current business financials and a personal financial statement, so having these documents handy will expedite the bonding process and could even help you qualify for a lower premium rate.
Why this bond
By posting a California seller of travel surety bond, principals (travel agents) pledge to comply with the provisions of Article 2.6 of Chapter 1 of Part 3 Division 7 of the Business and Professions Code of the State of California. Violations of this code and the bond agreement include:
- Knowingly doing business with a travel agency that is not registered with the secretary of state
- Posting false or misleading advertisements
- Conducting unethical sales practices
- Knowingly providing consumers with wrong travel records and information
- And more
Under the bond, any consumer that is harmed as a result of the principal’s unlawful and unethical business practices is protected from financial loss up to the full amount. The principal must reimburse the surety for all damages paid out.Receive your free bond quote within 1 business day when you work with the experts at Surety Bonds!
Seller of travel bond details
Seller of travel bonds in California remain continuous until canceled. The surety can cancel the bond in accordance with the provisions of section 17550.11 of the Business and Professions Code.
Become a seller of travel
California requires all sellers of travel to register with the Attorney General’s Office and to display the registration number on all advertising. One of the registration requirements is posting a surety bond in the proper amount.
More registration information can be accessed from the Additional information section of this page.Take the first step toward becoming registered by purchasing your California surety bond now!
Apply for your surety bond
Get a FREE Seller of Travel Bond Today! Click here to begin
- State of California Department of Justice Seller of Travel Surety Bond form
- State of California Department of Justice Office of the Attorney General Seller of Travel
- State of California Department of Justice Office of the Attorney General Frequently Asked Questions – Consumers Travel
- Business and Professions Code Section 17550-17550.30