Notary public surety bond cost
The Wyoming Secretary of State requires notaries public to post $500 surety bonds.We can issues these 4-year bonds instantly for just $50! There’s no credit check required, so everyone pays the same low price. Errors and Omissions Insurance is available for a small additional charge.
Why this bond
Wyoming notary surety bonds protect the public from any wrongdoings committed by notaries public while on the job. Specifically, these bonds ensure that notaries comply with all rules and regulations of the state of Wyoming, including refraining from notarizing documents that have forged signatures or documents that benefit or include the notary in any way.
If a claim is filed against the bond, the bond protects the state and general public from financial loss up to the full bond amount. The notary, in turn, must reimburse the surety for all damages paid out.
Notary bond details
Wyoming notary bonds remain valid for 4 years. For this particular bond type, applicants must know the specific county in which notarial business will be conducted.
Become a commissioned notary public
To become a commissioned notary public in Wyoming, applicants must:
- complete the PDF application (signature must match the Commission Name Style listed on Item 1 of the application)
- mail the application along with the $30 fee to the Secretary of State’s Office
- purchase a $500 notary surety bond, if application is approved
- take the bond to the applicant’s local County Clerk’s office within 60 days of the starting date of the applicant’s commission
- purchase a notary stamp (ink or embossed) once the applicant receives his or her notary certificate from the County Clerk
Take the first step toward becoming a notary public in Wyoming by purchasing the surety bond you need in just 5 minutes!
Apply for your surety bond
Get a FREE Notary Public Surety Bond Quote Today! Click here to begin