Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/customer/www/hasslefreesuretybonds.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/functions.php on line 5841
Call us at 888.610.4474 info@hasslefreesuretybonds.com

Travel agent bond cost

Washington’s Department of Licensing’s Seller of Travel Section requires sellers of travel in the state to be bonded. Travel agent bond amounts vary and are based on the gross income accrued from business conducted during the previous year. Applicants should verify their required bond amount with the state prior to bonding.

These bonds are subject to underwriting, so the price you’ll pay for your bond depends not only on your required amount of bond coverage, but also on a review of your personal credit report.

Contact one of our surety specialists to receive a free, personalized bond quote within 1 business day of applying. Call 888.610.4474, or click here, to begin the bonding process.

Why this bond

By posting a Washington seller of travel surety bond, principals (travel agents) pledge to comply with all provisions of Chapter 19.138 RCW of the state of Washington and with all rules and regulations adopted by the Director of the Department of Licensing. The purpose of this bond is to ensure that travel agents use consumers’ funds appropriately to secure all travel services and benefits contracted for.

If the principal fails to abide by these laws and consumers are harmed, the surety will cover any damages up to the full bond amount. The principal must fully reimburse the surety for any damages paid out.Washington seller of travel bond and out-of-state seller of travel bond applicants must know the type of business entity they are trying to get bonded (sole proprietor, partnership, corporation, LLC, etc.) and mark the bond form and application appropriately.

These bonds are continuous until canceled. The surety can cancel the bond by giving written notice of cancellation to the Director of the Department of Licensing.Termination becomes effective 30 days after the director receives such notice.

Become a travel agent

Travel agents in Washington must register with the Business Licensing Service before selling or advertising to sell travel services and related benefits.

Applicants must submit the following materials to become licensed:

  • a completed Business License Application
  • a completed Sellers of Travel Registration Addendum (additional requirements and documents to be sent are listed on this form)
  • Seller of Travel/Out-of-State Seller of Travel surety bond
  • a check or money order for all required fees

Take your first step toward becoming licensed by contacting our surety bond experts today!

Apply for your surety bond

Get a FREE Washington seller of travel bond Quote Today! Click here to begin