Professional solicitor’s surety bond cost
The Consumer Affairs Office of the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services requires professional solicitors to post $20,000 surety bonds to legally solicit contributions within the state.Because these bonds are subject to underwriting, the amount an applicant pays depends on a review of his or her personal credit report. Applicants with strong financial credentials could qualify to pay just $200 for their bond! Applicants with less-than-stellar credit shouldn’t worry. We offers an exclusive bad credit bonding program to get 99% of applicants bonded quickly, easily and accurately.
Why this bond
Virginia professional solicitor surety bonds are for the purpose of reimbursing the Commonwealth of Virginia and its citizens for any penalties or losses suffered as a result of malfeasance, non feasance or misfeasance committed by the principal (solicitor) and his or her agents, servants or employees during charitable solicitation business.Specifically, the bond ensures that principals conduct business according to the terms defined in 57-48 of the Code of Virginia.
Solicitor bonds in Virginia remain effective until canceled by the surety. The surety can withdraw the bond by giving 30 days’ written notice of cancellation to the Commissioner of the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
Become a professional solicitor
To become a licensed professional solicitor in Virginia, applicants must submit the following information:
- the street address and telephone number of the principal place of business
- the place where and date when the applicant’s primary place of business was legally established
- the names of all persons in charge of any solicitation activity
- indication whether the organization is a corporation, partnership or other entity
- any applicable court orders
- statement describing the facts surrounding past denials of licenses
- copies of signed contracts between the organization and each charitable organization
- surety bond
All required application fees must be paid in full at the time of application.Getting bonded is the first step toward becoming licensed to solicit charitable contributions in Virginia. Let our experts help you get the bond you need!
Apply for your surety bond
Get a FREE Virginia Professional Solicitor’s Bond Quote Today! Click here to begin