Insurance agency bond cost
The Texas Department of Insurance requires insurance agencies to post $25,000 surety bonds prior to conducting business.
With a quick credit check, applicants may be approved for their bond for as little as $250 annually. Purchase your bond instantly!
Why this bond
Texas insurance agency bonds exist to protect consumers and the state from any illegal or fraudulent activity that occurs at the hand of a principal (insurance agency). By posting this bond, the principal agrees to abide by all provisions of the Insurance Code of the Texas Legislation. Prohibited acts according to this code include:
- failing to renew license while continuing business operations
- failing to inform the Department of any agent’s termination and cause of termination, change of mailing address, felony convictions and any administrative action taken by another State or the Federal Government
- acquiring and insuring any good that they have personal interest in
- failing to maintain necessary records
If any of these acts occur and a valid claim is made against the insurance agency’s bond, the surety will initially cover all damages. The principal must fully reimburse the surety for all damages paid out.
Insurance agency bond details
Insurance agency bonds in Texas are continuous until canceled. If the surety decides to cancel this bond prior to the termination date, it must provide at least 30 days of notice to the Texas Department of Insurance.
How to start an insurance agency in Texas
Posting an insurance agency bond is just the first step toward becoming licensed to work as an insurance agency in Texas. Insurance agencies must submit the following fees, documents and information to the Department to be eligible for licensure:
- $50 per license fee per license type
- Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
- applicant’s email address
- any responsible persons must be fingerprinted
- business authority
- financial responsibility
- errors and omissions insurance
Apply for your surety bond
Get a FREE texas insurance agency bond Quote Today! Click here to begin
- Texas Department of Insurance Insurance Agency Bond
- Texas Department of Insurance Applications Section Application for Insurance Agency License
- Texas Department of Insurance Agent / Adjuster Forms
- Texas Department of Insurance Bond Resources Information regarding the different types of bonds
- Texas Legislation Insurance Code Title 13, Subtitle A, Chapter 4001 – Agent Licensing in General
- Free Shipping
- 50,000 Satisfied
- Customers Nationwide
- No Hidden Fees