Waste tire hauler bond cost
The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control requires registered waste tire haulers in the state to post financial assurance in the amount of $10,000.
Due to the risk associated with these bonds, underwriters will need to see business and personal financials, as well as personal credit, in order to approve the bond.
Why this bond
South Carolina waste tire hauler bonds ensure the principal (waste tire hauler) has sufficient funds available to meet specific environmental protection needs of solid waste management facilities. Any leftover funds are returned to the entity that posted the bond.
Waste tire hauler details
South Carolina waste tire haulers can post other forms of financial assurance in place of a surety bond:
- irrevocable letter of credit
- trust fund
- corporate financial test
- other evidence of financial responsibility assurance approved by the Department
Become a waste tire hauler
Waste tire haulers must complete registration forms before legally operating in South Carolina. Necessary information includes:
- name and address of hauling company and its officers/owners
- locations in state where waste tires will be transported
- documentation proving applicant has secured required financial assurance (surety bond, trust fund, etc.)
For a full list of licensing requirements, visit our Important Links section and review the New Application Checklist.
Apply for your surety bond
Get a FREE South Carolina Waste Tire Hauler Bond Quote Today! Click here to begin