Telemarketing bond cost
The State of Ohio’s Consumer Protection Section of the Attorney General’s Office requires telephone solicitors to post $50,000 surety bonds.
These bonds are subject to underwriting, which means the price you’ll pay depends on a review of your personal credit report. The best way to find out exactly how much you’ll pay for your surety bond is to request a free surety bond quote!
Why this bond
Ohio telephone solicitor bonds are put in place to ensure that principals (telephone solicitors), as defined by Section 47819.01 of the Ohio Revised Code, conduct business according to the terms set in Sections 4719.01 through 4719.18 of the Ohio Revised Code.The bond benefits any person who is injured or suffers loss as a result of a solicitor’s noncompliance with the legislation listed above.
Ohio telemarketing bonds are continuous in form and remain in full force and effect for 2 years after the date the principal ceases to engage in the telephone solicitation business unless otherwise terminated or canceled at an earlier date.The surety can cancel the bond by giving the solicitor and the attorney general written notice of cancellation at least 30 days before the cancellation takes effect.
Become a telephone solicitor
To obtain a certificate of registration to work as a telephone solicitor in Ohio, applicants must:
- pay a $250 application fee
- complete the application
- prepare a file listing all business names that the applicant will use to engage in telephone solicitations
- prepare a file providing each business or occupation engaged in by the applicant during the last 3 years and the location of each business or occupation
- prepare a file providing all of the employment/experience of the applicant as a telephone solicitor or salesperson
- prepare a file providing all telephone numbers to be used by the applicant
- and more
Access complete licensing information from the Important Links section of this page.Take the first step toward getting your business licenses by purchasing the surety bond you need.
Apply for your surety bond
Get a FREE Telephone Solicitor Bond Quote Today! Click here to begin