Watch, Guard or patrol agency bond cost
Potential guards or watchmen who wish to conduct business in New York are required to post a $10,000 surety bond. Applicants can obtain this bond instantly for just $175 when they work with our bonding experts at Surety Bonds.
Why this bond
Watch, guard or patrol agency bonds ensure that the principal (watch, guard or patrol agency) will comply with all provisions, rules, regulations and amendments provided by the Secretary of State.
If the principal does not conduct business in a lawful manner, he or she will be held responsible for compensating the surety for any resulting financial damages. Under this bond, principals must:
- maintain professionalism in all business relationships
- cooperate with other criminal justice agencies
- accept and fulfill all obligations
- apply equitable standards when recruiting employees
Watch, guard or patrol agency bond details
On the bond form, the principal must specify that he or she is a watch, guard or patrol agency among the other options listed on the form. This bond will run in full force and effect as long as the principal remains in compliance with all rules and regulations stated on the form.
This bond also requires the signature of a notary public acknowledging the contractual agreement between the surety, principal and obligee (Department of State).
Become a watch, guard or patrol agency
It is against the law for any individual to perform the services of a watch, guard or patrol agency in the state of New York without first obtaining the proper license that allows him or her to do so.
Information that must be supplied on the application includes the applicant’s full name, age, residences within the last 3 years and present and previous occupations. Additional documents or information required to be submitted at the time of application include, but is not limited to, the following:
- a card with a full set of fingerprints
- the required application fee
- the required surety bond
In addition to the information stated above, applicants must also:
- be 25 years of age
- have passed the regulated examination within the last 2 years
- be free of relevant criminal convictions
- demonstrate 2 years of experience or equivalent
Apply for your surety bond
GeT a FREE Watch, Guard or Patrol Agency Bond Today! Click here to begin
- Watch, Guard or Patrol Agency Sample Bond Form
- Private Investigator, Bail Enforcement Agent, Watch, Guard or Patrol Agency Application
- Division of Licensing Services – Watch, Guard or Patrol Agencies
- Private Investigators, Bail Enforcement Agents, Watch, Guard or Patrol Agencies and Security Guards Licensing Law
- FAQ – Watch, Guard, or Patrol Agency
- New York Department of State – Official Homepage