Auctioneer surety bond cost
Surety Bonds offers auctioneer bonds in New York City, New York and Jamestown, New York for just $100! Because this bond is not subject to underwriting, everyone qualifies instantly. No one is turned away! The required bond amount that needs to be posted by prospective auctioneers in New York City is $2,000 and the amount in Jamestown is $5,000.
Why this bond
By posting an auctioneer bond in New York City, New York or Jamestown, New York, the applicant is guaranteeing consumers that his or her duties as an auctioneer will be performed faithfully and honestly. If the applicant conducts business unethically, this bond will protect the client from unnecessary misconduct. Prohibited acts include:
- Using false advertising
- Attracting the attention of purchasers by using means other than a sign or a flag
- Attempting to deceive the public
- Rendering false reports of auction prices and sales
- Failing to remove the sold article by sunset on the day of such sale
- Selling any goods before price has been set by contract with owner
If the principal violates the terms of his or her bond agreement and a consumer is harmed as a result, the surety will pay for all damages up to the full bond amount.
Become an auctioneer
It is against the law to act as an auctioneer in Jamestown and New York City without being properly licensed to do so. The following documents and components are required to be submitted at the time of application:
- Basic individual license application
- Photo identification of license applicant
- Copy of surety bond posted in the appropriate amount
- Child support certification form
- Granting authority to act affirmation
- Three character certificates
- Full set of fingerprints
- Processing and licensing fee
License application packages can be submitted online or in person.
Apply for your surety bond
Get a FREE Auctioneer Bond Quote Today! Click here to begin