Mortgage loan company bond cost
The New Mexico Regulation and Licensing Department requires mortgage loan companies to post corporate surety bonds. The required bond amount is based on the total dollar amount of mortgage loans originated by the licensee annually.
Some surety underwriting companies require current business financials and a personal financial statement to underwrite this bond, so having these documents handy will expedite the bonding process and could help you qualify for a lower premium rate.
Why this bond
New Mexico mortgage loan company and loan broker corporate bonds ensure that principals (mortgage companies) strictly and faithfully comply with all rules and regulations stated in the New Mexico Mortgage Loan Company Act. Violations of this Act include, but are not limited to:
- Collecting additional amounts from negotiating or procuring a loan
- Committing a fraudulent transaction
- Falsifying statements
- Falsely representing factual material
- Lacking a good business reputation
- Hiring mortgage loan originators who are not licensed
Mortgage loan company bond details
The expiration date of a New Mexico mortgage loan company corporate bond must coincide with the expiration date of the license. If the surety wishes to cancel this bond before the expiration date, it must mail a written notice to the Director of the Financial Institutions Division at least 30 days prior to the effective cancellation date.
Become a mortgage loan company
No entity can legally conduct business as a mortgage loan company without acquiring a license. The nationwide mortgage licensing system and registry will issue an identifier number to each mortgage loan company.
To become a licensed mortgage loan company in New Mexico, an applicant must:
- Have a good business reputation
- Have a requested hearing
- Pay all fees
- Provide disclosures
- Post a surety bond in the proper amount
All license renewal applications must be submitted no later than November 1 of each year.
Apply for your surety bond
Get a FREE Mortgage Loan Company Bond Quote Today! Click here to begin
- Financial Institutions Mortgage Industry: Forms
- Title 12 Trade, Commerce and Banking Chapter 19 Mortgage Lending Part 8 Mortgage Loan Company Requirements
- Financial Institutions Mortgage Industry: FAQs Mortgage Loan Companies/Mortgage Loan Originators
- Financial Institutions Mortgage Industry: Fees
- Financial Institutions Rules and Laws
- Financial Institutions Division Mortgage Loan Company Corporate Surety Bond
- Title 12 Trade, Commerce and Banking Chapter 19 Mortgage Lending Part 1 General Provisions
- Mortgage Loan Company Act Chapter 58 Article 21 Mortgage Loan Companies and Loan Brokers