Fight promoter bond cost
The New Mexico State Athletic Commission requires promoters of professional athletic events to be bonded. Required bond amounts vary, but typically fall between $10,000 and $15,000. The bond amount is ultimately determined by the state, and applicants should verify their required bond amount prior to bonding.
Why this bond
Surety bonds for promoters of professional athletic events in New Mexico are put in place to ensure that principals (event promoters) adhere to the provisions of the New Mexico Athletic Commission and all regulations pertaining to the promotion of an athletic event approved by the commission. If the principal fails to adhere to these terms and any event participant, official, renter, advertiser or employee or the state suffers monetary loss, the surety will cover the damages up to the full bond amount. The principal, in turn, must reimburse the surety for any damages paid out.
Fight promoter bond details
New Mexico athletic event promoter bonds remain in full force until canceled by the surety. The surety can cancel the bond at any time by giving written notice of cancellation to the New Mexico Athletic Commission 30 days prior to the effective date of the termination.
Become a professional athletic promoter
All licenses issued through the New Mexico Athletic Commission expire annually on December 31st. Each person licensed under the act must renew their license annually on or before the expiration date by submitting a renewal application, the renewal fee and two passport-size photos. A license that has not been renewed within 30 days of expiration is automatically expired, and the applicant must reapply as a new applicant.
Before an event permit is approved, the applicant must submit the following materials along with the application to the commission:
- Completed event permit
- Bout sheet including the full name of each participant
- Contract weight and the number of scheduled rounds
- Insurance policy – surety protection for participants (fighter)
- All contracts for all fighters (amateur and professional)
- Verification of adequate security (licensed)
- Verification of ambulance and medical technicians
- Pre- and post-ticket manifest
- Name of ticket agency
- And more
Complete licensing and event information can be accessed via the Additional information section of this page.
Apply for your surety bond
Get a FREE Professional Athletic Promoter Bond Quote Today! Click here to begin
- New Mexico Regulation and Licensing Department Boards and Commissions Athletic Commission: FAQs
- New Mexico Regulation and Licensing Department Boards and Commissions Athletic Commission: Rules and Laws
- New Mexico Athletic Commission Professional Athletic Competition Act NMSA 60-2A-1 through 60-2A-22 Athletic Commission Rules and Regulations
- New Mexico Regulation and Licensing Department Boards and Commissions Athletic Commission: Forms and Applications