Public adjuster bond cost
Public adjusters in New Jersey must post a surety bond in the amount of $10,000. You can get a New Jersey public adjuster bond instantly for just $100 when you choose surety bonds. No credit check is required, so everyone qualifies for the same low price!
Why this bond
New Jersey public adjuster bonds ensure that principals (public adjusters) abide by the provisions stated in the N.J.S.A. 17:22B-1 et seq. Under this bond, principals are required to perform all tasks as promised in their contracts and pay all taxes and fees owed to the state. If a principal violates the terms of the bond agreement and a consumer is harmed, the surety will cover all damages up to the full bond amount. The principal must then compensate the surety for any financial loss.
Public adjuster bond details
New Jersey public adjuster bonds are required by the Commissioner of Banking and Insurance. This specific bond is continuous until canceled. If the surety wishes to cancel this bond for any reason, 30 days’ written notice must be given to the state prior to the termination date.
Become a public adjuster
To become a licensed public adjuster, you must:
- Complete an electronic fingerprinting process
- Provide an exam score report
- Furnish 2 passport-sized photographs
- Obtain a surety bond in the appropriate amount
- Pay the $70 fee ($50 licensing fee; $20 processing fee)
- And more
Apply for your surety bond
Get a FREE Public Adjuster Bond Quote Today! Click here to begin
- State of New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance Public Adjuster Bond Form
- State of New Jersey Department of Banking & Insurance Licensing and Education
- State of New Jersey Department of Banking & Insurance Licensing Services Bureau Application for Initial Resident or Nonresident Individual Public Adjuster License
- State of New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance Live Scan: Electronic Fingerprinting Process
- New Jersey Statutes 17:22B