Jersey detective agency bond cost
Detective agency license bonds are required by the Superintendent of the State of Police of New Jersey and must be in the amount of $5,000. When you choose Surety Bonds, you’ll only have to pay $175 for 2 years of coverage. Because no credit check is required, everyone qualifies for the same low rate and can get bonded in just 5 minutes.
Contact a surety expert to get bonded now!
Why this bond
New Jersey detective agency bonds ensure that principals (detective agencies) adhere to all of the provisions of the New Jersey Revised Statutes 45:19-8 to 45:19-27. Under this bond, principals cannot unlawfully enter into a home, buy or receive stolen property or carry a weapon or firearm without the appropriate permit.
We can get you bonded in just 5 minutes – no credit check required!Fill out our online bond request form to receive a 2-year New Jersey detective agency bond for just $175.
Detective agency bonds are required by the Superintendent of the State of Police of New Jersey and remain valid for 2 years from the effective date. This bond may be canceled at any time if the surety provides the superintendent 30 days’ prior notice.
Become a detective agency
All applications to be licensed as a detective agency in New Jersey must be submitted to the Superintendent of State Police. The application must include:
- the address of agency
- the full legal name of the principal
- written consent for a background check
- fingerprints of the principal
All businesses must pay a $300 license fee for each location of business. Licenses are valid for 2 years. To renew a license, a business must submit a $250 renewal fee for each location.
No license will be issued to any person under the age of 25 or to any director or officer of a detective agency who does not have at least 5 years experience as a police officer or as an investigator for the state.
Apply for your surety bond
Get a FREE Yacht and Ship Broker Bond Quote Today! Click here to begin
- New Jersey State Police: The Private Detective Act of 1939
- Detective Agency License Bond Form
- State of New Jersey Department of the Treasury Division of Taxation Tax Notes – Investigation and Security Services (5/17/07)
- Instructions New Jersey Private Detective License Renewal Application
- The State of New Jersey Department of Law & Public Safety Office of the Attorney General Private Detective Information Provided by the New Jersey State Police