Notary public surety bond cost
We offers the required 4-year, $10,000 Nevada notary bond for just $50!We encourages notaries to purchase Errors and Omissions insurance with their surety bonds. This extra protection is available for a small additional charge.
Why this bond
By purchasing a notary bond, the principal (notary public) guarantees that he or she will notarize all documents in accordance with the laws of the state of Nevada.
Nevada notary bonds ensure that the notary will not violate the public’s trust through negligence of their duties without funds being available to reimburse those who suffer losses. Notaries will be held liable if they are found guilty of:
- accepting other payments besides the authorized fee for the notarial act such as excess commission, advantages, titles, interest or property
- knowing that the customer’s signature on the notarized document has been forged
- influencing a person to engage in an unlawful transaction
- allowing others to use his or her notary stamp
- allowing others to sign his or her signature
- certifying a document containing information known by the notary to be false
- certifying photocopies of birth, death, marriage certificates or divorce decrees
- performing a notarial act on a document that is not entirely filled out or signed
Notary public surety bond details
Nevada notary surety bonds are required by the Nevada Secretary of State. 30 days notice prior to cancellation is required, whether cancellation is due to expiration, suspension or revocation of license.These bonds are valid for four years from the effective date.
The applicant must specify the city where the bond is executed. If a notary public changes his or her mailing address, place of business or signature during the period in which the bond is in effect, he or she must submit a request for an amended certificate of appointment with a $10 fee.
Apply for your surety bond
Get a FREE Nevada Notary Bond Quote Today! Click here to begin