Contractor bond cost
Nevada contractors license surety bonds vary in amount from $1,000 to $500,000, but are always effective for 2-year terms. The required amount of the bond is determined by the Nevada State Contractors Board. Specifically, bond amounts depend on the following factors:
- monetary limit granted
- the type of license requested
- experience and character of the applicant
- the applicant’s business financials and/or personal financial statement
These bonds are subject to underwriting, which means that a review of the applicant’s credit report will determine exactly how much the bond will cost. Since the required amount and price of this bond fluctuate so much, we suggest calling in to receive a free, personalized bond quote.
Give us a call at 888.610.4474 or submit a bond request to begin our fast and easy bonding process.
Why this bond
Nevada contractors license bonds ensure that a contractor will faithfully and honestly comply with all of the rules stated in Chapter 624 of the Nevada Revised Statutes, and perform all contracted duties during the specified time period of the project’s completion. Unlawful acts under this bond include:
- using any of the funds provided by the customer for anything other than the assigned project
- misleading the customer to make more money
- failing to keep accurate financial records for each project
Contractors board license bond details
Nevada contractors board license bonds remain valid for a 2-year term. If the surety decides to terminate the bond, a written notice must be sent to the State Contractors’ Board at least 60 days before the termination date.
Become a contractor
When submitting a contractor’s license application, the following documents must accompany it:
- the applicant’s detailed resume and experience
- all reference certificates (applicants must have a minimum of 4 years of experience)
- background disclosures (fingerprints)
- the applicant’s personal financial statement
If approved for a license, a $600 biennial license fee must be submitted before your license can be issued.
Apply for your surety bond
Get a FREE Nevada Contractors Board License Bond Quote Today! Click here to begin