Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/customer/www/hasslefreesuretybonds.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/functions.php on line 5841
Call us at 888.610.4474 info@hasslefreesuretybonds.com

Contractor bond cost

The City of Omaha requires contractors to post a $10,000 surety bond to legally work within the city. we are offers this bond instantly for just $100! No credit check is required, so everyone pays this low, flat rate.

The Nebraska Commissioner of Labor requires farm labor contractors to post a $5,000 surety bond to legally work within the state. These bonds are subject to underwriting, but the experts  will work hard to get you bonded quickly, easily, accurately and for the lowest rate possible.

Give us a call at 888.610.4474 or submit a bond request to begin our fast and easy bonding process.

Omaha, Nebraska – Contractor Bond Information

The City of Omaha Planning Department, Permits and Inspections Division requires contractors to post a surety bond in the amount of $10,000.

Contractors who fall into the following classifications must be bonded:

  • Class A – contractors who can work on all structures up to and including high-rise buildings
  • Class B – contractors who can work on all structures up to 4 stories tall
  • Class C – contractors who work on home and duplex buildings
  • Class D – contractors who do residential remodeling
  • Class E – contractors who do roofing, siding, window and deck installations

By posting a surety bond, contractors in Omaha pledge to adhere to all rules and regulations of the city and complete any and all construction work according to code.

Once bonded, a contractor can apply to become licensed by the city. To get licensed, a contractor must:

  • pass the required examination
  • apply for the appropriate class of license (listed above)
  • pay the required licensing fee
  • obtain the appropriate amount of insurance coverage

Omaha contractor licenses remain valid for a 3-year period.

Although there is a state-wide licensing and bonding requirement for contractors in Nebraska, contractors in Omaha must be licensed in both the city and the state to legally work within Omaha.

Check out the City of Omaha’s Planning Department, Permits and Inspections Division website here.

Farm Labor Contractor Bond Information

The farm labor contractor bond is required by the Commissioner of Labor in the amount of $5,000. This bond is put in place to ensure that the principal (farm labor contractor) adheres to the provisions of the Farm Labor Contractors Act. Specifically, this bond guarantees that the principal:

  • pays all sums due on wage claims of employees
  • pays all sums due to the grower or producer of agricultural commodities for advances made to or on behalf of the contractor
  • complies with all of the terms, conditions provisions and requirements of Sections 48-1701 through 48-1714 of the Compiled Statutes of Nebraska


Nebraska farm labor contractor bonds and licenses expire annually on March 31. The bond cannot be terminated during the term.

After being bonded, contractors can become licensed to work as farm labor contractors in the state. To become licensed, an applicant must:

  • be of good character, competence and reliability
  • not have had a farm labor contractor’s license, permit or certificate denied, revoked or suspended in Nebraska or any other jurisdiction in the previous 3 years
  • pay all required fees
  • show proof of financial ability to promptly pay the wages of employees and advances made by farmers or owners or lessees of land intended for the production of crops
  • and more

Apply for your surety bond

Get a FREE Nebraska Contractor License Bond Quote Today! Click here to begin