Notary bond cost
Notaries in Missouri must post a $10,000 surety bond. We can issues these bonds instantly for just $50 without the need of a credit check. These bonds remain valid for 4 years, so you’ll only pay $12.50 per year of coverage!
We sells these bonds with Errors and Omissions Insurance for no additional cost.
Why this bond
Missouri notary bonds protect the public and state from financial losses and other consequences resulting from a notary public’s wrongdoings. The bond ensures compensation for an individual harmed as a result of errors or mistakes committed by a notary while on the job.
Some of these errors include:
- notarizing a signature that the notary knows to be false or fraudulent
- notarizing a family member’s document
- notarizing a document that includes or benefits the notary
Notary bond details
This bond is required by the Secretary of State of Missouri. Notary bonds are required to run for the full 4-year term of office of the notary public. The surety must give the obligee at least 30 days prior notice in the event of cancellation.
A Missouri notary public cannot notarize his or her own signature. The notary can only notarize documents in Missouri. A proper notarization must contain:
- the signature of the notary
- a notarial certificate stating the document was signed before the notary
- the signature of the notary as commissioned
- the seal or stamp of the notary public
Become a notary
Applications for commission as a notary public can be downloaded from the linked commissions form. To qualify to become a notary public in Missouri, all applicants must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- be a registered voter in the county for which he or she is commissioned or applying to be commissioned
- have a residence address in said county
- be able to read and write in English
- not have had his or her commission revoked in the past 10 years
Prior to submission of the application, each applicant should read the Missouri notary public handbook and complete computer-based training or other notary training in an acceptable manner. The application must be typed and requires a $25 fee.
Apply for your surety bond
Get a FREE Missouri Notary Bond Quote Today! Click here to begin