Alcohol retailer tax bond cost
Missouri intoxicating liquor, wine and 5% beer tax bonds must be in amounts between $1,000 and $100,000. The exact amount of this bond is determined by the Supervisor of Alcohol and Tobacco Control of the State of Missouri and shouldn’t exceed an amount equal to twice a retailer’s tax liability of a monthly return.
Typically, We can issue these bonds in amounts up to $10,000 instantly without a credit check. Ask about getting bonded for multiple years at a discounted rate!
If you’re ready to get bonded, call at 888.610.4474 or submit a bond request. One of our surety bond experts will contact you to walk you through our bonding process step-by-step. It’s that easy!
Why this bond
Missouri liquor, wine and beer tax bonds ensure that principals (alcohol retailers) pay all taxes according to law and fully comply with the provisions of sections 311.520, 311.550, 311.553, 311.554, 311.557, 311.561, 311.580 and 311.600 of the Missouri Revised Statutes.
Alcohol tax bond details
Missouri alcohol tax bonds are required by the Supervisor of Alcohol and Tobacco Control of the State of Missouri. These bonds are continuous until canceled, and the surety must give written notice to the principal and the state 30 days prior to canceling the bond.
Become an alcohol retailer
The following materials must be submitted to apply for licensure:
- completed application form (in black ink or typed)
- licensing fee
- criminal record check dated within the six months preceding the date of application
- copy of Missouri Retail Sales Tax license in the name of the applicant
- statement of No Sales Tax Due from the Missouri Department of Revenue dated within the preceding 90 days
- copy of the sole owner’s, all partners or managing officer’s personal property or real estate tax receipt for the preceding year
- copy of the sole owner’s, all partners or managing officer’s voter’s registration card
- and more
A full list of licensing requirements can be found in the “Additional Information” section of this page.
Apply for your surety bond
Get a FREE Missouri Alcohol Tax Bond Quote Today! Click here to begin
- Missouri Revised Statutes Chapter 311 Liquor Control Law Section 311.180
- Missouri Department of Public Safety: Division of Alcohol & Tobacco Control By Drink (Restaurants and Bars)
- Missouri Department of Public Safety: Division of Alcohol and Tobacco Control Surety Bond (Intoxicating Liquor, Wine & 5% Beer Tax) form
- Missouri Department of Public Safety: Division of Alcohol and Tobacco Control