Check cashers bond cost
The Mississippi Department of Banking and Consumer Finance requires check cashers to post $10,000 surety bonds. The amount you’ll pay for your bond depends on a review of your personal credit report. Don’t let bad credit stop you from getting the surety bond you need!
Why this bond
By posting a Mississippi check cashers bond, the principal (check casher) promises to abide by all state laws, ordinances and statutes pertaining to check cashers, including the Mississippi Check Cashers Act. Specifically, these bonds indemnify any person who suffers financial loss caused by the principal’s unethical and unlawful business practices.
Check cashers bond details
Check casher surety bonds in Mississippi expire annually on September 30, so your bond premium could be prorated depending on when you buy it. Our team of surety experts works hard to get you bonded according to your specific needs.
Become a check casher
To become a licensed check casher in Mississippi, applicants must:
- pay the $750 licensing fee
- submit a $10,000 surety bond
- meet the fingerprint requirements
- provide a contact list
- attach a sworn financial statement
- complete and sign the application and have it notarized
- and more
Applications must be submitted before September 1, and licenses will be valid for 1 year from its effective date.
Apply for your surety bond
Get a FREE Mississippi Check Cashers Bond Quote Today! Click here to begin
- Surety Bond Mississippi Check Cashers Act State of Mississippi
- Mississippi Department of Banking and Consumer Finance Check Casher
- State of Mississippi Department of Banking and Consumer Finance Check Cashers License Application
- Check Casher Initial Application Instructions
- Department of Banking and Consumer Finance Check Casher Contact List