Fundraising bond cost
The price an applicant will pay for a $10,000 Michigan uniform professional fundraiser bond is subject to underwriting and will depend on a review of his or her personal credit report. Fundraisers with strong financial credentials could pay as low as $100 for their surety bond!
Why this bond
Michigan professional fundraising surety bonds are put in place to ensure that professional fundraisers adhere to the rules and regulations listed in the Public Acts of 1975. Specifically, the bond ensures that the fundraiser will annually file a statement of past and current solicitation contracts with the Attorney General, maintain books and records that are available for inspection during reasonable business hours by both the surety and the Attorney General, and more.
Professional fundraiser bond details
Michigan uniform professional fundraiser bonds expire on June 30, so your bond premium could be prorated depending on when you buy it. Our team of surety experts works hard to get you bonded according to your specific needs.
If the bond is canceled prior to the expiration date, the surety or principal (professional fundraiser) must provide written notice to the other party and the Charitable Trust Section, Department of the Attorney General 90 days prior to the desired cancellation date.
A continuation certificate from the surety must be submitted with each license renewal application.
Become a professional fundraiser
Professional fundraisers in Michigan must be licensed under the Solicitations Act. To apply, these professionals must submit the following materials:
- surety bond or continuation certificate
- articles of incorporation or other organizing documents
- supplemental contract printouts
- copies of all contracts with organizations which solicit contributions from residents in Michigan
- Registration of Professional Solicitor form for each solicitor retained to solicit contributions in the state
- campaign financial statements for all solicitations in the state that were concluded over the past year and have not yet been reported
- and more
Apply for your surety bond
Get a FREE Michigan Professional Fundraiser Bond Quote Today! Click here to begin
- State of Michigan Department of Attorney General Uniform Professional Fund Raiser Surety Bond Form
- Charitable Organizations and Solicitations Act (Act 169 of 1975)
- State of Michigan Attorney General Professional Fundraiser Requirements
- State of Michigan Department of Attorney General Application for License of Professional Fundraiser