Employee agency bond cost
Employment agency bonds are required by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development in the amount of $3,000.
Why this bond
By posting a Massachusetts employment agency bond, agencies guarantee their compliance with the rules, laws and regulations stated in the Massachusetts General Laws. Prohibited acts under this chapter include:
- using any false or misleading advertising or information
- sending any person to an employer knowing they break labor laws
- using force to bring people into the agency
- sending any employee to an employer knowing there is a present strike
- and more
If an employment agency fails to comply with these terms, the surety will pay harmed parties for damages and losses up to the penal sum of the bond. The agency, in turn, must reimburse the surety for all damages paid out.
Massachusetts employment agency bonds expire at the same time the agency’s license is surrendered, terminated through non-renewal or revoked by the Department of Labor Standards. If the surety chooses to cancel this bond prior to expiration, written notice must be given to the agency and the Massachusetts Department of Labor Standards via registered mail 60 days prior to the proposed expiration date.
Apply for your surety bond
Get a FREE Massachusetts Employment Agency Bond Quote Today! Click here to begin
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development Department of Labor Standards Application for Employment Agency and Placement Agency Registration and Determination of Applicability of the Temporary Workers Right to Know Law (with bond form)
- Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development Employment Agency Program FAQs
- Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 140, Section 46: Employment Agency Law