Private home detention monitoring bond cost
The Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services requires private home detention monitoring agencies in the state to execute a $2,500 surety bond prior to conducting business.We can issues these bonds instantly for just $100 – no credit check required.
Why this bond
Maryland private home detention monitoring agency surety bonds hold principals (private home detention monitoring agencies) responsible for overseeing individuals ordered by the court to spend time under house arrest. The Maryland Code of Business Occupations and Professions maintain that these agencies fulfill several responsibilities for their business, including:
- monitoring individuals in accordance with court decisions
- monitoring individuals under a court order for 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- using electronic equipment that meet standards established by the Secretary
- adhering to policies and procedures regarding equipment, methods of monitoring individuals, monitored individuals’ schedules, charged fees and emergency situations
- and more
Agencies are also responsible for the actions of their employees. If there is a violation of this code, the state agency can file a claim against the bond. In the event of a valid claim, the surety must cover damages up to the penal sum of the bond ($2,500). The principal, in turn, must reimburse the surety for any damages paid out.
The Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services mandates that all private home detention monitoring agencies within the state are bonded. Once a bond is issued, it remains valid for 1 year before the principal must renew it. If the surety wishes to terminate or cancel this bond at any time, it must provide the Secretary of Public Safety and Correctional Services with a notice, or else the bond remains effective.
Become a private home detention monitoring agency
All private home detention monitoring agencies in Maryland must receive a license from the Secretary of Public Safety and Correctional Services before commencing operations. The following is required in the application for this license:
- application fee ($500)
- proof of general liability insurance of at least $100,000
- surety bond of $2,500
- proof of application for state and national criminal history records checks
- 3 statements of good character and reputation for the applicant and any officer or director, as well as for each private home detention monitor employed
Once issued, licenses remain valid for 2 years before they must be renewed.Take the first step in Maryland by purchasing your surety bond instantly for just $100!
Apply for your surety bond
Get a FREE Maryland Private Home Detention Monitoring Agency Bond Quote Today! Click here to begin