Auto dealer bond cost
The Kansas Department of Revenue requires all car dealers to post a $30,000 surety bond. The price you’ll pay for this bond depends on a review of your personal credit report.
Don’t let poor credit stop you from getting the bond you need! Surety Bonds has a history of helping applicants with less-than-stellar credit get bonded quickly, easily and accurately.
Why this bond
Kansas vehicle dealer surety bonds are put in place to ensure that the principal (auto dealer) adheres to the provisions of Kansas Statutes Annotated, Chapter 8, Article 24 concerning the manufacturing, distribution, sale and disposal of vehicles. This bond also acts as indemnity for any loss suffered by a retail or wholesale buyer or seller of a vehicle as a result of the licensee’s actions.
Contact one of our bond experts today about getting a free, personalized bond quote. We can typically provide quotes within 1 business day of submitting an application.
Kansas vehicle dealer surety bonds remain continuous unless otherwise canceled. To cancel the bond, the surety must provide written notice 30 days prior to the date of cancellation to the dealer and the Kansas Department of Revenue, Division of Vehicles, Dealer Licensing Bureau in Topeka, Kansas.
The applicant must indicate on the bond form whether he or she is an individual proprietorship, a partnership, a corporation or an LLC. The original bond must be signed and mailed to the Dealer Licensing Bureau.
Become an auto dealer
To become a licensed auto dealer in Kansas, applicants must have the following:
- a location and lot either owned or leased separate from his or her place of residence
- sufficient office facilities to conduct business
- a place to receive mail at the licensed location
- an operable phone listed under the business name
- zoning certification by either the County or City Zoning Office for the business location
- automobile liability insurance listed under the business name
- personal property tax certification that is signed by the county treasurer validating that all personal property taxes have been satisfied
Refer to the “Additional Information” section of this page for more licensing information.Take the first step in the licensing process by getting the surety bond you need.
Apply for your surety bond
Get a FREE Auto Dealer Bond Quote Today! Click here to begin