CSO bond cost
Indiana credit service organization bonds are required by the Indiana Office of the Attorney General and must be in the amount of $25,000.
These bonds require underwriting consideration, which means the price you’ll pay is directly related to your personal credit report. With a credit score of 680 or higher, you can expect to qualify for the minimum available premium.
Why this bond
By posting an Indiana credit service organization bond, the principal (credit service organization) agrees to abide by all laws found in the Indiana Code. Prohibited acts according to this code include:
- Receiving payment before the completion of services
- Charging for services that will put the customer into further debt
- Guaranteeing to complete services that are impossible, such as ‘making bad credit disappear’
If any of these acts occur and a valid claim is made against the bond, the surety will cover all damages suffered by the harmed parties up to the full bond amount. The principal, in turn, is required to compensate the surety for any financial loss.
CSO bond cost details
You will be required to provide the following information on the bond form:
- Does your company have any pending litigation filed by any state or federal entity concerning Foreclosure Consultant/Credit Service Organization in any other jurisdiction?
- Does your company go by any other names than the one listed above? If yes, what other names?
CSO bonds in Indiana are continuous until canceled. The state requires surety companies to provide them with at least 30 days’ notice before canceling a bond.
Apply for your surety bond
Get a FREE Credit Service Organization Bond Quote Today! Click here to begin