Fire protection sprinkler contractor bond cost
The Idaho State Fire Marshal requires that sprinkler installer contractors post a $2,000 surety bond to legally work within the state.
Surety Bonds issues these bonds instantly without a credit check! We offer 1-year bonds for $50 and 3-year bonds for the discounted rate of $125. Ready to get bonded?
Why this bond
Idaho fire protection sprinkler contractor license bonds are put in place to ensure that principals (contractors) abide by all ordinances, rules and regulations pertaining to the industry. These laws can be found in the Idaho Administrative Code Title 1, Chapter 49. Prohibited acts stated under this code include:
- Misrepresentation in obtaining a license
- Failure to abide by contract
- Manipulation of assets
- Failure to maintain workers’ compensation
- Knowingly entering into a contract with an unregistered contractor
Fire protection sprinkler contractor bond details
Idaho sprinkler contractor license bonds are continuous until canceled and remain in full force and effect for the full period of the contractor’s license. The bond can be extended for a further term with the issuance of a continuation certificate signed by the surety.
The surety can cancel the bond by providing written notice of cancellation to the State Fire Marshal. Cancellation goes into effect 10 days after the receipt of this notice.
Become a fire sprinkler contractor
An applicant must do the following before becoming licensed as a fire sprinkler contractor in Idaho:
- Obtain a $2,000 surety bond
- Be the owner or manager of a company that has installed 4 or more fire sprinkler systems
- Achieved Level 3 Certification from the National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies
- Pass the necessary exam
- Acquire $250,000 of insurance coverage
Start the licensing process by getting the bond you need! Our experts make the bonding process fast and easy so that you can focus on what you do best: running your business.
Apply for your surety bond
Get a FREE Fire Protection Sprinkler Contractor Bond Quote Now! Click here to begin