Florida Professional Solicitor bond cost
The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services requires professional solicitors to post $50,000 surety bonds. These bonds are subject to underwriting, which means the amount you’ll pay depends on a review of your personal credit report. The experts at Surety Bonds work hard to get you bonded for the lowest premium rate available.
Why this bond
Florida professional solicitor bonds ensure that principals (solicitors) comply with 496.401 through 496.424 of the Florida Statutes, which is also referred to as Solicitation of Funds. Prohibited acts under this bond include:
- Providing false, misleading or incorrect documentation of any information
- Using any corporation, company or person’s name for solicitation without written consent to do so
using any name, symbol or other device that may mislead the public into believing they are a different organization
- Falsely informing customers of a falsified connection with another company
- Using funds for any reason other than fundraising for a specific organization
- And more
The bond protects any consumer who is harmed as a result of the principal’s unlawful business practices up to the full penal sum of the bond.
Professional solicitor bond details
Professional solicitor bonds in Florida are continuous until canceled. If the surety decides to cancel this bond, it must provide written notice to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services 30 days prior to termination.
Typically, underwriting companies must know what product or service a principal is soliciting to produce the bond. Applicants should have this information readily available during the bonding process.
Become a professional solicitor
To become a licensed professional solicitor in Florida, applicants must include the following documents in a completed license application:
- List of contractual documents made with charitable organizations and sponsors
- A Notice of Commencement of Solicitation
- Financial report of campaign
- Custody of contributions
- Proof of a surety bond
- Records of solicitations
- Type of organization
- And more
Visit the Important Links section of this page for more information. Begin the licensing process by purchasing the surety bond you need.
Apply for your surety bond
Get a FREE Professional Solicitor Bond Quote Today! Click here to begin