Motor fuel distributor bond cost
The Delaware Motor Fuel Tax Administration requires motor fuel distributors to post surety bonds in amounts equal to 3 times the applicant’s estimated average monthly gasoline tax. Bond amounts must be between $5,000 and $200,000. Applicants should verify their required amount of bond coverage with the state prior to bonding.
These bonds are subject to underwriting, which means the price you’ll pay for your bond is based on a review of your personal credit report. Regardless of your credit situation, our team of bond experts works hard to get you bonded quickly and for the lowest premium rate possible.
Why this bond
By posting a Delaware motor fuel distributor bond, the principal (motor fuel distributor) guarantees to file honest reports with and make prompt payments of all taxes due to the Motor Fuel Tax Administration. Specifically, this bond ensures that principals faithfully adhere to all state provisions.
The bond protects the state from financial loss that occurs as a result of the principal’s noncompliance with these terms up to the full amount of the bond. Let our experts do all of the hard work for you when it comes to purchasing the surety bond you need. Get started now!
Motor fuel distributor bond details
Motor fuel distributor bonds in Delaware remain in full force and effect until canceled or revoked by the state or the surety. Cancellation becomes effective 60 days after the surety has served written notice via certified mail to the state.
Become a motor fuel distributor
To become a licensed motor fuel distributor in Delaware, applicants must:
- complete and sign the Motor Fuel Distributor License Application
- Pay the $10 license application fee
More licensing information can be accessed via the Additional information section of this page.
Apply for your surety bond
Get a FREE Motor Fuel Distributor Bond Quote Today! Click here to begin
- Motor Fuel Distributor Bond form
- Information and Instructions Application for Delaware Motor Fuel Distributor License
- Motor Fuel Distributor Tax Reporting Instructions
- State of Delaware Division of Motor Vehicles Transportation Services Motor Fuel Special Fuel Tax Returns and Forms
- State of Delaware Department of Transportation Motor Fuel Tax Administration Application for Motor Fuel Distributor License