Lottery sales agent payment bond cost
Lottery retailers in Connecticut must post a surety bond prior to conducting business within the state. The required bond amount is set by the Connecticut Lottery, and applicants must verify their required bond amount prior to bonding.
These bonds are subject to underwriting consideration, so the price you’ll pay depends not only your required bond amount but also on your personal credit report. Bad credit? No problem! We offer an exclusive bad credit bonding program through which we approve 99% of all applicants for the bonds they need quickly, easily and accurately.
Why this bond
By posting a Connecticut lottery retailer bond, principals (lottery sales agents) pledge to conduct business in accordance with the laws of the state, including making timely payments of all Lottery sales obligations, at the location(s) listed on the bond form. Prohibited acts include:
- Selling lottery tickets or paying lottery prizes to any person under the age of 18 years
- Selling or re-selling a lottery ticket for more than the retail sales price
- Engaging exclusively in the business of selling lottery tickets or shares solely for entertainment
- Accepting forms of payment other than cash, check, debit cards or authorized coupons for the purchase of lottery cards
- Not maintaining ticket inventory
- Not immediately notifying the Lottery upon the theft, loss, destruction of or damage to any tickets in the retailer’s possession
- Selling tickets and products at locations not specified in the contract
- And more
If the principal fails to conduct business ethically and lawfully, the bond protects harmed parties from financial loss up to the full amount of the bond. The principal must reimburse the surety for all damages paid out.
Lottery agent bond details
Lottery sales agent payment bonds in Connecticut remain in full force and effect until canceled. To cancel the bond, the surety must give written notice to the Connecticut Lottery Corporation via certified mail at least 60 days prior the effective cancellation date.
Applicants must include a list of location(s) where lottery business will be conducted on the Schedule A form attached to the surety bond contract.
Become a Lottery sales agent
To obtain information on becoming a lottery retailer in Connecticut, applicants should fill out the contact form on the Connecticut Lottery’s website. An application packet can be downloaded from the website.
Take the first step toward becoming a licensed lottery sales agent in Connecticut by purchasing your surety bond! Our experts do all of the hard work for you so that you can focus on what you do best: running your business.
Apply for your surety bond
Get a FREE Lottery Sales Agent Bond Quote Today! Click here to begin