Vehicle verifier bond cost
California ’s Department of Motor Vehicles requires vehicle verifiers to post $5,000 surety bonds to legally operate within the state.Surety Bonds issues these bonds for just $100. No credit check is required so everyone pays the same low, flat rate. Get bonded instantly!
Why this bond
California vehicle verifier bonds are put in place to ensure that principals (verifiers) conduct all business according to law and, as a result, do not cause any loss to the state or to any person. If the principal fails to comply with the terms of the surety bond agreement and the letter of the law, the bond protects the state and any person from financial loss up to the full bond amount ($5,000). The principal must reimburse the surety for all damages paid out.
Vehicle verifier bond details
Vehicle verifier bonds in California remain continuous until canceled and run concurrently with the license period for which the license is granted. The surety can cancel the bond according to the provisions of Article 13, Chapter 2, Title 14, Part 2 of the Code of Civil Procedure.
Become a vehicle verifier
To become a licensed vehicle verifier in California, applicants must submit a completed application including the following forms:
- OL 19 – Application for a Vehicle Verifier’s Permit
- OL 26 – Surety Bond of Vehicle Verifier ($5,000)
- OL 29 – Application for Occupational License Personal History Questionnaire, Part B
- DMV 8016 – Request for Live Scan Clearance
The following fees are also required:
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- $1 Family Support Program fee
- $50 reinstatement fee
- $15 duplicate license fee
Take the first step toward becoming licensed in California by purchasing your surety bond now – no credit check required!
Apply for your surety bond
Get a FREE Vehicle Verifier Bond Quote Today! Click here to begin
- State of California Department of Motor Vehicles: Vehicle Verifier Surety Bond form
- State of California Department of Motor Vehicles: Application for Vehicle Verifier’s Permit
- California Department of Motor Vehicles: Vehicle Verifier License Application Requirements
- California Department of Motor Vehicles: Vehicle Verifier License Handbook