Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/customer/www/hasslefreesuretybonds.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/functions.php on line 5841
Call us at 888.610.4474 info@hasslefreesuretybonds.com

Mobile home bond cost

The California Department of Housing and Community Development requires owners of mobile homes, commercial coaches, truck campers or floating homes without sufficient evidence of ownership to post surety bonds. The amount for the bond is equivalent to the market value of the vehicle at the time of registration.

Since the bond requirement varies, there is an underwriting process that determines the premium you pay for your bond. This process includes an analysis of your credit report and the market value for your vehicle. Don’t let bad credit stop you from purchasing the surety bond you need! Surety Bonds offers an exclusive bad credit bonding program through which we approve 99% of all applicants.

Why this bond

California mobile home bonds protect future owners of the vehicle and the state from financial loss that results from the issuance of a new registration certificate for the vehicle in question.

If the principal (vehicle owner) acts in good faith, then this bond will be void. Otherwise, the state can file a claim against the bond. If the claim is proven to be valid, the surety must compensate harmed parties up to the penal sum of the bond (the market value of the mobile home). The principal must reimburse the surety for any damages paid out.

Mobile home bond details

The California Department of Housing and Community Development mandates the filing of a surety bond from anyone with an unregistered mobile home, commercial coach, truck camper or floating home and insufficient proof of ownership.

The bond amount varies according to the current market price of your vehicle, which is determined through an approved value guide or the actual known purchase price of the unit.

The bond remains valid for 3 years from the date of issuance. The principal can return and surrender the bond to the Department of Housing and Community Development prior to its expiration date if his or her vehicle is no longer registered with the state and the certificate of title is also surrendered.

Registration requirements

To register your vehicle with the Department of Housing and Community Development, vehicle owners must submit an application that includes the following:

  • Name and mailing address of the owner
  • County in which registered owner resides
  • The address of the vehicle
  • Description of the vehicle, including manufacturer’s name and identification number, date of manufacture, serial number and federal label number
  • Registration fee

Apply for your surety bond

Get a FREE Mobile Home Bond Quote Today! Click here to begin


Additional information